5 Things I Hate About Coming Home After A Great Holiday

Last week, I was in Bali for four days and then flew straight to Hong Kong for another four. It was the craziest week of traveling and f...


Last week, I was in Bali for four days and then flew straight to Hong Kong for another four. It was the craziest week of traveling and flying that I've ever had in my life.

I have learned quite a few things from those days, but now that I'm trying to settle back into my normal routine, there are a few things I hate about the end of a holiday.

1. Unpacking
At the beginning of each trip, I have this neat and organised suitcase of clothes, shoes and toiletries. At the end of the trip, I turn I go into fuck-it mode and just dump everything in. BUT, I still make sure to keep the dirty clothes separated from the clean ones. Which brings me to my next point...

2. Laundry
The things I bring home to mama. Oh yes. Filthy little things that pile up and come back to haunt you after you've had a rolicking good time out in the beach. The use swimsuits, the B.O.-ridden shirts and dresses and not to mention the lovely-smelling worn socks. I turn my nose up at my own mess.

3. Buyer's remorse
I really shouldn't have bought that hair clip with the foam flower design...or that throw from Ikea...or those new sneakers...or those extra packets of food that I plan to give away to people when I get back. You get the picture.

4. Going back to normal
Going back to work the next day and thinking "What the hell am I doing all this for? Why am I not exploring and having the time of my life? I'm gonna die miserable!"
 

5. Wishing to go out again
There's always coming home to battle the post-holiday blues. Even after you've spent a fortune on your recently-concluded holiday, you scour the internet for cheap flights and places to go to, when you really should be thinking about recovering your expenses and holing up in your cave until your savings are back into its original state.

But no, you just gotta have a teensy-weensy look at those websites.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe