Neverwhere Tour: The Plan

I can't pinpoint when I fell in love with Neil Gaiman's stories -- it could've been American Gods or hearing him read The Gravey...


I can't pinpoint when I fell in love with Neil Gaiman's stories -- it could've been American Gods or hearing him read The Graveyard Book -- I just suddenly knew he's one of my favourite authors. So when I had been given the chance to stay in London for two weeks, I quickly hatched the plan to go on a Neverwhere tour.

Neverwhere is Gaiman's fantasy novel about an average guy who suddenly finds himself in an adventure story in the strange world of London Below, an alternative dimension of the London Underground where the tube stations are literally what they are called. 

Here was a rough draft of my plan, doodled further on the train from London Euston Station to Rugby, Warwickshire, where I was going to visit my auntie. 


I've noted down the tube stations that played major parts in the book and with the help of the nifty little tube map (I get one each time I visit London -- cover designs are different each time).

Luckily, my hotel was just a block away from Blackfriars Station. I was ecstatic! 

Watch out for the next installment in this series: Blackfriars Station. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe