Years & Years: Synthpop Candy

Here's how I realised the extent of my anglophilia. When I first heard the Years & Years song "Shine," I just thought here...


Here's how I realised the extent of my anglophilia.

When I first heard the Years & Years song "Shine," I just thought here's another catchy, synthy RnB song. Even though I liked the song, I didn't give it much thought. 

But at some point, I googled them.

They are BRITS. I was hooked.

Even better, I remember seeing frontman Olly Alexander in the film Great Expectations and some episodes of Penny Dreadful. I'm crushing on him hard -- I don't care if he's gay! 

Olly's voice sounds a little like Justin Timberlake's, but with less of the pretentious lilts and with a lot more soul.

This band's my latest electronica obssession.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe