A Tribute to David Bowie Tributes

When I heard the news of David Bowie's passing, I wasn't sure how to take it. I know he was an icon, a very prolific music legend...


When I heard the news of David Bowie's passing, I wasn't sure how to take it. I know he was an icon, a very prolific music legend. 

Everybody knows who he is. How can you escape him and his countless cameos? I watched David Bowie Ziggy Stardust being parodied in Flight of the Conchords and felt quite emotional of astronaut Chris Hadfield's cover of Space Oddity, which is the only song I know from his never-ending repertoire. 

So today, I decided to listen to his songs and was quite pleasantly surprised that I'm actually more familiar with them than I thought.

I know "Let's Dance" from many 80"s inspired parties and television shows. I know "Heroes" from The Wallflowers cover. The very familiar rift of "Under Pressure" plagued my teenage years when "Ice, Ice, Baby" was all the rage.

So while it's sad that Bowie is now gone, he has left so much of his music and the stories they tell, for us to enjoy for the rest of our lives.

If there's any doubt of this, just look at how fans flocked to Bowie's hometown of Brixton in London to sing celebrate his life.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe